Tuesday 29 November 2011

Student Nationals: Blood Angels List

It seems that I will be going to the student nationals this year for the first time! It's all very exciting, especially as it's in Cardiff this year, which means its much easier than previous years for me to get to. All the excitment aside, I find myself without a 40k army to use?! Strange huh? Well, I only actually own two armies and they are both designed to fit a 1750pt limit. The student nationals have stated a 1500pt limit, so that can only mean I need a new army!

'Wait a minute there Smurf. Why can't you just take 250pts out of either one of your other two lists.' Well I've tried that and they just don't play the way I like. They aren't especially bad?! They just don't feel right...almost like there's 250pts missing....strange! So I have decided to pick up a new army instead. Here's my first go at what I think is a valid blood angels list. Please criticise it and provide me with your thoughts:


Blood Angels: 1499pts

HQ

Reclusiarch:                                                                                                     130pts

ELITES

Assault Terminators x5: Thunder Hammers, Storm Shields                           225pts

TROOPS

Assault Squad x6: 1x Melta Gun, Bolt Pistols, CCW’s                                 158pts
Assault Squad Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Thunder Hammer
Razorback: Las-cannon and Twin-linked Plasma Guns, Extra Armour,        75pts
Dozer Blade

Assault Squad x6: 1x Melta Gun, Bolt Pistols, CCW’s                                 153pts
Assault Squad Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Power Fist
Razorback: Las-cannon and Twin-linked Plasma Guns, Extra Armour,        75pts
Dozer Blade

Assault Squad x6: 1x Melta Gun, Bolt Pistols, CCW’s                                 153pts
Assault Squad Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Power Fist
Razorback: Heavy Bolters, Extra Armour, Dozer Blade                                45pts

FAST ATTACK

Baal Predator: Assault Cannons, Extra Armour, Dozer Blade                       135pts

Baal Predator: Assault Cannons, Extra Armour, Dozer Blade                       135pts

HEAVY SUPORT

Storm Raven: Twin-linked Multi-melta, Extra Armour                                  215pts

2 comments:

  1. As long as you use the modified 'fixed' version of the Turd-Raven, looks fine to me, but then again, I barely play 40k, so what do I know?
    How do you plan on using these lot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya,

    Don't worry, I will be putting some considerable effort into making the turd raven acceptable to look at! I want this army to ooze detail, after all, it is for tournament play.

    In terms of a battle plan, I'm not sure yet. All the vehicles are fast, which helps a lot. want to be able to hit a part of the enemy line all at once. The terminators are an 'in your face, alpha strike' unit and the assault marines should be able to back them up hopefully. The Baals are also 'scouts' so that gives me some funky options regarding turn one flank rushes and out flanking.

    Main concern is that there are only 18 guys in terms of scoring troops. I'm hoping the razorbacks should give them a degree of protection but even so, its still not a lot.

    I guess you can still win objective games if all the enemy units are dead?!

    ReplyDelete