Tuesday 31 March 2020

Void 1.1 Marines

Unfortunately, my wife and I both came down with Corona virus 2 weeks ago and boy oh boy was is terrible. Luckily, we're both ok now which means that I've had a lot of time to catch up on a few painting products that I've been thinking about for a while now.

First up are some marine models for the defunct game Void 1.1. I've been thinking about stripping my original colour scheme (circa 2000!) and bringing them right up to date. The models themselves are great and have a really nice generic 'space marine corps' feel that fits really nicely with settings like Aliens or Starship Troopers. In regards to Void, I've had the idea of painting up a small force of 'marine' units to act as colonial separatists fighting for independence from Viridia. To counter the separatists, I have a few units of power armoured marines that could act as a task force sent by Viridia to bring them back into line. So to that end, I have 2 small projects to finish. 

So I set about paint stripping a squad of 6 marines, 2x mortar teams and a mounted chain gun team. I wanted to keep the paint scheme clean and crisp like the original catalogue models back in 2000 but update the uniform to be more realistic. Therefore, I painted them in WW2 marine green fatigues but kept the classic white t-shirts and black rifles. I used a few contrast paints for the base colours of these miniatures. I'm only really beginning to learn how to use them properly.

So far I have completed the squad of marines, 1 mortar team and the chain gun team. That leaves a second mortar team left to paint. I hope to round this force off with a second squad of marines and perhaps vehicle. We shall see.








No comments:

Post a Comment