Friday 1 May 2020

Void 1.1: Viridian Shock Marines

Viridia does not look kindly on rowdy separatist upstarts. For this reason, Viridia maintains a number of quick reaction task forces on full alert with a brief to respond quickly to separatist threats.

Considering the fun I've been having painting separatist forces, I thought it prudent to build a task force to fight them. Luckily, I have a reasonable collection of unpainted 'power armoured' marines from the 'Shock' and 'Assault' variety as well as a character and some support platforms.

I have begun with a small unit of shock marines. I wanted the paint scheme for all power armoured figures to reflect the original artwork of a Shock Marine that featured on the front of the purple rule book. As you can see this is a clean white with bluish tones. This gave me the idea to search for tutorials on painting White Scars Space Marines to give me guidance.

They were paint stripped first using acetone based nail varnish remover and based with Airfix bright white spray paint. I then followed this very handy guide by Juan Hidalgo using a combination of contrast paints and Vallejo game colours. I chose to use Iyanden yellow contrast paint for the vibro scythes, which I highlighted up with pale yellow and white.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the colour scheme and I am impressed with the contrast paint effects. I shall continue to adapt my painting style to accommodate more contrast paint techniques, but for now I'm happy to paint a few more power armour units in this scheme. 


No comments:

Post a Comment