Tuesday 18 January 2022

Ork Scrap Fort!


 

A while ago I backed a Kickstarter campaign run by Fogu Models for their Fort of Hardknox terrain. It immediately inspired me at the time to use it as an Ork fort and made me think about the Boss HQ building in Dawn of War and also the old card Gorkamorka fort. I had to have one so I backed the campaign. Now, several years later, I have finally gotten round to putting together and painting the piece. 




The airbrush has been a major help in painting the large surface area consistently and relatively quickly. I opted for a 'Goff light' scheme to fit with my current Ork army theme. I didn't go overboard on the ork details though (hence the 'light') so that it could still be used as a gang fort in the future should I wish. I also kept the weathering to a minimum to maintain the simple colour scheme. Rust orange was used as a spot colour liberally to break up the generally flat black scheme.


Overall, the kit is fantastic quality with very few of the imperfections you'd usually expect from resin scenery. It's also a good size and doesn't overly dominate the board. I plan on expanding my terrain collection to accompany this fort to include more scrap buildings. Perhaps I'll be further inspired by the base buildings in Dawn of War. Who knows?   

No comments:

Post a Comment