Wednesday 30 March 2011

Deathguard Army 2006-2009

It has been awhile since I last posted and in that time I haven't really done much hobby. I've been rather busy (which makes a welcome change from Cameron's Britain) with learning Welsh, PhD interviews and Job interviews and my mind has not really been in it.

So instead I have taken some time to take some snaps of my deathguard army (the only other army I own), which I started way back in 2006. This army has served me well and was the first army that I ever managed to fully paint. I remember it being a challenging project, which really pushed my painting and greenstuff sculpting experience. Sadly, I don't use it very often now and it looks a bit dated compared so my more recent stuff but I thought I would share it with you anyway. A few units are missing because they were too badly damaged. I think I will revisit the army at some point and do a little TLC touch-ups.














   

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a really nice Death Guard army. Great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say the army looks gorgeous, but that's not really the right term. Let's say it looks delightfully disgusting! Love the effects on the vehicles, and the add-ons for the Rhinos are spectacular. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the lack of replies here guys. My gf is down and I've been away from the computer (insert sexual image of your own).

    Thank you both for the comments. It is very difficult to paint shit well, so I remember it being quite a challenge for me at the time as my first proper army was a nice clean ultramarines 5th battle company.

    I'm currently wondering what to do next? Do I continue to build upon my orks? Or begin something new altogether?

    ReplyDelete