Sunday 30 January 2011

Loota Progress




I thought I would have a little go with my new paints and also begin work on my lootas. I'm really happy with the paints and I would completely recommend them to anyone else curious enough to try.

The consistency is excellent and aids layering very nicely. It is going to take me some time to get used to them but so far they have allowed me a greater degree of control.  In the pictures above you can see how the skin is being built up in multiple thin layers. This is something I wouldn't normally do with GW paints but the Vallejo ones have persuaded me into the technique naturally. It's an effect I like, although it does consume more time. I think the finished results may speak for themselves, but I'm not quite there yet.

The bottles are also far better than GW paints because they minimize paint waste and allow for more balanced blending. The bottles allow for a controlled drop of paint to be added to the pallet and so a truly 50/50 blend can be achieved.

I am still messing about with the different colours and I am yet to use the inks but so far I am very pleased with the results. I can't see myself buying to many GW paints in the future.   

No comments:

Post a Comment